Carbon Neutral Status Achieved
NeuRizer is excited to announce that the Company is a certified carbon neutral organisation as part of the Federal Government’s Climate Active Standard. We are excited to be able to make this commitment and are committed to maintaining this high standard every year.
This commitment is a first step on our mission to reduce our organisation’s impact on the climate while we seek to establish our position as Australia’s first to achieve carbon neutral production of urea fertiliser.
- ASX Announcement – Climate Active Certification Achieved
- Certificate of Verified Carbon Unit (VCU) Retirement
- Voluntary cancellation of units in ANREU
- Voluntary Cancellation Certificate
NeuRizer recognises the importance of environmental management to the success of the company’s operations
Petroleum exploration and production activities are governed by the South Australian Petroleum and Geothermal Energy Act 2000 (the PGE Act). This legislation is administered by the Energy and Resources Division of the Department of Energy and Mining (DEM).
In accordance with the PGE Act, NRUP prepares Environmental Impact Reports (EIR) and Statement of Environmental Objectives (SEO) for all regulated activities. The EIR provides stakeholders with the following information:
- a description of the regulated activities to be carried out under the licence;
- a description of the specific site features of the environment that can reasonably be expected to be affected by the activities, with particular reference to the physical and biological aspects of the environment and existing land uses;
- an assessment of the cultural values of Aboriginal and other Australians which could reasonably be foreseen to be affected by the activities in the area of the applicable licence under the PGE Act, and the public health and safety risks inherent in those activities (insofar as these matters are relevant in the particular circumstances);
- a description of reasonably foreseeable events associated with the activity that could pose a threat to the relevant environment (including events during the construction, operational and abandonment stages);
- an assessment of the potential consequences of, and proposed management actions for, these events on the environment;
- information on consultation undertaken during the preparation of the EIR.
The SEO outlines the environmental objectives that the regulated activity is required to achieve and the criteria upon which the objectives are to be assessed. The SEO is developed on the basis of information provided in the EIR.
- A copy of the EIR for the Pre-commercial Demonstration (PCD) can downloaded here.
- A copy of the SEO for the PCD can be downloaded here.
The PCD SEO was Gazetted by the South Australian Government on Thursday, 19 April 2018.
As NRUP moves into the next phase of the project for future exploration work on the Petroleum Exploration Licence 650 (PEL 650); one EIR and SEO for geophysical operations and one EIR and SEO for exploration drilling operations have been prepared, approved and Gazetted by the South Australian Government during late 2019 and early 2020.
- A copy of the EIR for Geophysical operations can be can downloaded here.
- A copy of the SEO for Geophysical operations can be can downloaded here.
- A copy of the EIR for Exploration Drilling operations can be can downloaded here.
- A copy of the SEO for Exploration Drilling operations can be can downloaded here.
Stakeholder feedback is important to NRUP and NRUP encourages interested stakeholders to provide feedback through the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
NeuRizer is committed to the principles of environmental management as outlined by the Environment Institute of Australia and New Zealand, and aims to;
- Implement the principles of ecologically sustainable development with a balance of social, economic and environmental values;
- Achieve and go beyond the minimum legal requirements;
- Conserve resources, species and genetic biodiversity;
- Prevent pollution and eliminate or reduce waste;
- Protect cultural heritage, including both Indigenous and built heritage;
- Undertake informed and transparent decision-making; and
- Ensure continuous improvement.
NRUP will achieve this by maintaining an effective and robust Environmental Management System (EMS). Furthermore, NeuRizer will:
- Identify goals, objectives, performance indicators and targets, and develop management plans for achieving these;
- Clearly define the responsibilities, authorities and accountabilities of employees and contractors;
- Develop detailed work practices, procedures or processes to manage and reduce impacts;
- Regularly monitor environmental performance and system implementation;
- Develop reporting systems to include regular environmental reporting internally and externally to stakeholders; and
- Regularly review the continuous improvement of the EMS and of the company’s environmental performance.
NeuRizer aims to achieve a successful Social Licence to Operate by integrating its EMS into its operations.